Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear brake line service

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2021, 08:03 PM
Default Rear brake line service

Currently servicing driver rear caliper, flex hose and line on 2009 TC with rusted standard brakes. I was trying to disconnect the metal line nipple from the flex hose bracket and the thing would not turn all the way. I was able to crack it loose but then the whole line started twisting so I ended up unscrewing the whole flex hose after disconnecting from the caliper. Is the nipple on the metal line fixed or it should turn to detach from the flex hose end bracket? Any tricks to get it going before I have to put it all back together in some funky way without damaging the metal line. Thank you.

Old 07-18-2021, 09:45 PM

I am going to add that this is on the metal line to flex hose connection without the clip but with a mounting bracket with another port like so:

...and I saw some videos where the nipple was clearly rotating to fully disconnect from flex hose. So I am assuming mine is rusted shut. Clearly any more force on it is going to get me to have to replace the whole line if that cracks.

Also is there anything special about that nipple or its just a compression fit on the line. Should it be possible to slide it up the line when disconnected? Any ways to get it unstuck and make sure that it seals with the line?

Last edited by cascade; 07-18-2021 at 09:49 PM.