Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

Santa's Coming with a Dash Cam.

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2014, 05:12 AM

Noted QinteQ. Depending, but £1.43, I'll stock it just in case.

Old 11-16-2014, 05:59 AM

Originally Posted by goggs
Last thing, where does this 12v to 5v cigar lighter adaptor come from.

This is claims to be a 3.1 A
mp. I might get one myself to replace the 2 Amp I have.
Dual USB 2 Port Mini Universal Car Charger Adapter For iPad iPhone Black 5V 3.1A | eBay

Reflections in the screen are difficult to eradicate. If you could get the lens right up against the glass you won't see any reflections but because of the rake of a windscreen it isn't possible to do that. So the options are:

1) Make a polarising filter from a pair of 3D glasses. Don't throw your Mobius lens cover away, you'll need it. Lots of info here: https://forum.dashcamtalk.com/thread...lections.2343/

2) Mount the camera well away from the screen.

Old 11-16-2014, 06:09 AM

Amps not Volts.

If you supplied a 3.1a toy with 100a it would still only draw what it wanted - in this case 3.1a.

Old 11-16-2014, 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by QinteQ
Amps not Volts.
That's what I said

Originally Posted by QinteQ
If you supplied a 3.1a toy with 100a it would still only draw what it wanted - in this case 3.1a.
Yes I know, but the Mobius claims to need a 1 amp supply so if you need to power the Mobius and another item through the same adapter then you may need to draw more than 2 amps. Presumably the Chrysler sockets will supply up to 5 amps each (I'm guessing that's what the fuses are rated at but I'm not going out to my car to check)

Old 11-16-2014, 07:44 AM

HiYa Al, the LHS 12v out [and the rear out] supplies 50W and is permanent ON. The RHS supplies 12v at 10W and is IGN only. The USB wants 5v at 1a and all USB devices charge at ±5 volts. Power is measured in watts, watts equals voltage multiplied by current so 5 volts drawn at 2 amps, will give you [a maximum] of 10 watts of power. Introducing the possibility of charging more than one toy at a time from the same outlet is a whole different ball game, you then enter a need for a dedicated USB outlet, the best and second to none, is the
SCOSCHE SCOSCHE
, if more than one toy includes the need to both use and charge android / HTC / iPhone etc you may also need a
non-data charge only cable non-data charge only cable
for that specific device.

NOTE : Above I said 50W for the LHS and 10W for the RHS, I'm happy to be corrected on this - those figures were from memory and unchecked !

Old 11-16-2014, 01:09 PM

Yes well, no android, no Ipad, Iphone or compressor for airbed or blow up doll.
5v supply noted and I'll get the screen sucker mount with the Cam.
Job done until I maybe mount Cam up by rear view mirror as I've seen.

Old 11-16-2014, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by goggs
maybe mount Cam up by rear view mirror as I've seen.
You can try it there Goggsy if your using a suction mount, but like I said in an earlier post, that part of the screen isn't swept by the wipers on the Voyager.

Old 11-16-2014, 01:51 PM

HiYa QinteQ, page 71 in my drivers handbook states: If desired, all of the power outlets cn be converted to provide power when the ignition is OFF. From memory I think this just needs fuse F6 re-positioning into the next available slot.

Old 11-16-2014, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by AlanC
HiYa QinteQ, page 71 in my drivers handbook states: If desired, all of the power outlets can be converted to provide power when the ignition is OFF. From memory I think this just needs fuse F6 re-positioning into the next available slot.
- thanks for that Al, that's the beauty of a forum that is unaverse and works, we all learn and benefit from that learning
- I use the LHS with its permanent [direct to battery] ON as the input [power in] for my trickle solar charger
- I do know the outputs are totally different, if I put my high draw 'wheelnut gun' in the RHS it will blow fuses all day long
- in the LHS there are no problems, its the equivalent of putting 'crockky clips' directly on the battery terminals

Old 11-17-2014, 04:59 AM

Hi Goggsy, some snapshots of the bracket I made for my Mobius. As you can see, I have it tucked away in the right corner of the screen. This area is swept by the wipers.

Attached Thumbnails Santa's Coming with a Dash Cam.-moibius-bracket-01-r.jpg   Santa's Coming with a Dash Cam.-moibius-bracket-02-r.jpg   Santa's Coming with a Dash Cam.-moibius-bracket-03-r.jpg  

Quick Reply: Santa's Coming with a Dash Cam.