Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

Santa's Coming with a Dash Cam.

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2014, 03:38 PM

Hi AlanC, So I'm going for the Mobius. Just a couple questions. Did you get yours from your link, coming in at £43.84, and taking 3-4 weeks delivery.
Noticed some have different FOV 's, field of view, 90deg, 116deg, etc.,
So what has this one as I can't find it on add.
And what else do I need to setup in car, or will I need to back track your threads.
I have no overheads screens on my LTD.
We may cause interest in this Dash Cam issue so we need answers to fitting etc.

Old 11-15-2014, 05:10 AM

Probably best to go to the manufacturers shop here: HD Camera, Capacitors items in eletoponline365 store on eBay!
From there you will obviously need the Mobius camera.
Plus the Mounting Base Mounting Base Holder and Sleeve for 1080P HD Mobius ActionCam Sports Camera | eBay
Plus any of the following if you don't already have them. (you can get these from the manufacturers shop)
A long USB lead, 3 metres minimum depending on where you plan to mount the camera
A 12v to 5v adapter for the cigarette lighter socket
A Micro SD card, I would recommend a Class 6 with at least 16 gb capacity

And you will also need to decide how you plan to mount it.
You can use:
1. Car Windshield Mini Tape Mount Holder
2. Car Windshield Suction Cup Mount Holder
or you can use my method which is a piece of flat aluminium bent at an angle and stuck to the screen with a rear view mirror sticker which is similar to this:

If there's anything you're not clear about or if you need any more help, feel free to ask.

Alan

Old 11-15-2014, 06:33 AM

90/116° is just the wide angle lens versus standard lens. I've found it to be subjective, some like wide some prefer standard, and that more often than not depends on an individuals sight FOV perception - we each of us see the same things slightly differently.

°

Old 11-15-2014, 11:17 AM

Hi Goggsy, sorry I didn't answer all your questions earlier, my missus was waiting for me to take her shopping. As QinteQ said, the type of lens is a personal choice. The lens on my Mobius is just the standard one.There are some good examples of standard and wide angle here: https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/thread...parisons.3335/
Strictly speaking, you won't need to view recorded footage in your car unless the police ask you to. If necessary I could connect mine to the DVD screen in the GV but generally I remove the micro SD card from the camera and plug it into the card reader on my home PC to playback, or remove the camera from the car and connect to my PC with a USB lead.
One other thing you will need is the configuration software to run on your PC for setting the time & date, updating firmware etc. You can get the software, MSetup.exe, from here: Mobius ActionCam Home
The software is FREE and makes setting up the Mobius a piece of cake.

Have fun
Alan

Edit: You shouldn't have to wait more than 3 weeks for your Mobius unless it gets caught up in the Christmas rush.

Last edited by AlanC; 11-15-2014 at 11:19 AM.
Old 11-15-2014, 01:41 PM

Thanks guys, fed up looking at this one, that one, this one best, other better, needs repaired as soon as out box, dizzy lizzy. But Mobius keeps coming out top.
So I'll just follow you along and at least I've no need to find out this and that and tother.
So lets go...

Old 11-15-2014, 02:09 PM

Welcome to the club Goggsy. You won't be disappointed.

Old 11-15-2014, 02:14 PM

Not sure if you have found picture problem here, but I've a disc stuck onto my Dash top for my Sat Nav. So if I fit camera to a holder and fit on disc, does the distance 20-30cm from glass, cause glare etc, or does camera need to be as close to windscreen as possible

Old 11-15-2014, 02:33 PM

Last thing, where does this 12v to 5v cigar lighter adaptor come from.

Old 11-15-2014, 03:09 PM

Found the cord 90deg fitting one.
For anyone its: Mini USB 1 Meter DC 12v-24v to 5v 3a Right Angled 90 Degree Converter Cable. £1.42 really...

Old 11-15-2014, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by goggs
Found the cord 90deg fitting one.
For anyone its: Mini USB 1 Meter DC 12v-24v to 5v 3a Right Angled 90 Degree Converter Cable. £1.42 really...
- careful .. .. too short, 3-4 meter needed, depending on where you fix the camera

Quick Reply: Santa's Coming with a Dash Cam.