Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

U-Connect, and other mysteries of the Universe

Old 05-15-2012, 10:14 AM
Default U-Connect, and other mysteries of the Universe

I have a 2005 Chrysler Town and Country Limited (VIN - 2C8GP64L55R372317). I am trying to install the factory Hands Free (U-Connect) system. I have the mirror (pt#04086228AB), and the Telematics Module (pt#05064070AE), the Jet-Harness and the mirror to connector wiring harness, (So basically everything I should need, right?). The vehicle has the RB1 radio (Nav Unit), 6 Disk DVD Changer, and factory Sat Sirius radio. When I hook everything up as described in many online posts I get nothing. My questions are:

1. On the telematics module there are two plugs, one is a larger 22 pin plug and the other is a 10 pin (I think) plug. The 22 pin plug mates up with my Jet-Harness just fine however I don't have a cable that plugs into the smaller plug nor do I see anything that would go in there. Does this stay empty?

2. If I need to have the bus enabled, are the indications I'm getting (i.e. no power, no sound, no worky) correct or should I see some indication of life even without the bus enabled by the dealer?

3. I realize the Telematic Module part number corresponds to a Jeep vehicle however I have noticed that Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep makes it a habit of having several part numbers for basically the same part. Is there somebody out there that knows for a fact this module will NOT work with my car? Please explain.

4. And one last question, almost all of the info online about this mod deals with the LX vehicles. So when I followed those instructions and removed the drivers side "A" piller cover to find the harness I'm supposed to splice into, it appears to be the wrong connector. I theorized this because my vehicle already has the auto dimming mirror and when I disconnected this plug I didn't lose the power to the auto dimming mirror. So, my question is, where is the plug that goes up to the mirror on my vehicle?

Thanks for the help in advance.

Brian

Old 05-16-2012, 10:06 AM

Sounds like a difficult mod. Even though I don't know anything about this but still hope you can get it going.

Off topic a little, how do you like the 05 Limited? What happenes when you pull outside door handle on the slider? Will it trigger the power door or manual open only? Also when you open the driver door, did you see wire plug in the front fender? What is it for?

Old 05-16-2012, 04:08 PM

Brian,
Have your searched on this forum. A few have done it. See here

https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/...2005-t-c-8745/

and here
https://picasaweb.google.com/mrfixit...eat=directlink

I believe you have the wrong module. And there is no JET harness for the vans or should I say PCI bus systems All factory parts. The UC module for our vans has 3 sockets on it.... one 22 and two 10s but they are different 10s. I had to make a small harness but It is now available again. Uconnect goes between RB1 and everything else be it DVD and SAT. So you unplug the 10 pin from the radio, plug it into the UC module, then new harness goes from UC module back to radio. 22 pin harness goes to mirror. You need 12 volts form new mirror harness to a connection under the cup holder that the DVD is plugged into. There are 2 connectors there. One for DVD, one for UC. There is nothing to tap into for the vans. that was the trucks and Nitro.. the CAB bus versions, though in my truck I did not tap, I bought a complete "JET" type harness from a Chrysler dealer.

Also.. see here
The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums

Old 06-07-2012, 05:27 PM
Default Update?

Any new info for us? We take the time to help you out, please take the time to tell us if your problem is solved.

Fixit