General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Voyager alarm/immobilser

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2012, 09:16 PM
pob
Default Voyager alarm/immobilser

It's 3am in the UK and I've just been woken to the sound of my alarm going off.

The key fob wouldn't stop the siren.
There was no sign of any break in as my wife () had left the door unlocked with the keys in the ignition, but not turned on.
I took the other set of keys out of the ignition and they wouldn't turn the alarm off either.

I opened the bonnet and the siren stopped for some reason. I didn't disconnect anything.

The car is now sat in the drive way immobilised with neither key operating anything.

How do I get it going again????????????????????????????????????????????? ?

Old 01-15-2012, 05:45 PM

You leave the key in the ignition with the car in the driveway and the door unlocked? Maybe you should put a STEAL ME sign in the window. Try disconnecting the battery then locking and unlocking the door with the key manually.
If that works then have a family discussion about securing your property.

Old 01-16-2012, 04:52 AM
pob

Originally Posted by dcotter0579
You leave the key in the ignition with the car in the driveway and the door unlocked?
No - the WIFE does - Although Nowheresville Ireland maybe slightly different to Detroit.
The amount of grief its given me they'd probably leave it back!

Anyway, after not wanting to look at it all morning I pulled the battery out and charged it up again.
Upon putting the key in the igntion the was a lot of clicking of buttons and the dials went fully round and back to zero, more clicking and whirring of systems and it fired up ok.

At 3am when the alarm was going off I opened the bonnet (hood) and the alarm stopped. This seems a bit strange to me as if somebody was trying to steal it, is this all you have to do to get the alarm to stop?

Old 01-16-2012, 09:02 AM

I suspect the marginal battery charge may be more responsible for the entire episode than anything else. Is yours a diesel? They seem to have a problem with keeping the battery properly up. A low battery can cause the computer to behave very strangely. Make sure the kids haven't been playing with the interior lights. If the wife makes a habit of driving mostly short trips, then expect to need a battery charge occasionally.