300M, Concorde, LHS, New Yorker Discuss the Chrysler LH platform cars within.

Strange computer problem or ???

Old 06-25-2010, 10:06 PM
Default Strange computer problem or ???

Howdy folks, nice place ya got here. I have a strange problem in my 1998 Chrysler Concorde LX with the 2.7L engine.

Last summer it first appeared... I;d be driving around town usually when I hear a "bing" as in the seat belt alarm. Then I would notice the following warning lights on my instrument panel: ABS light, then the parking brake light, then the air-bag light.

The only other symptom that occurs when this happens is the power window controls stop working, and on both doors! The only way to get rid of it is to pull over and shut the car off, then restart it. Sometimes it will eventually come back and sometimes not.

I had my mechanic check it out, hook up to the computer, etc, but there was no indication of the issue, and he had no idea what could be causing it. It sort of disappeared over the winter so I had thought it had mysteriously cleared itself up.

However with the recent warm temperatures it has now returned. This is really wierd, yes? Has anyone run into this problem before? I would appreciate any advice or ideas from y'all.

Thank so much!!!

Dave in Idaho