Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

Help needed

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2015, 07:44 AM

OK - now I am really confused - three weeks ago my car started stalling out - checked fuel pump - gas was pumping, replaced fuel filter (thinking may be clogged) car ran but again stalled out, replaced distributor and tuned it up, ran again but idled way way too high, disconnected battery to let computer adjust to distributor - ran much better but idle was still too high, then it stalled again. Replaced cam sensor, and got another air intake gasket (as was probably the idle problem). Now no gas is going to engine? Fuel pump was working last time the car was driven which was a week ago. What could possibly be wrong now? Could the car's computer be acting up to cause the stalling issue and now the gas issue? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Old 05-13-2015, 05:37 PM
Super Moderator

when u turn the key over do u hear the pump prim up before u try and crank it?

Who is doing this stuff any ways?

Old 05-14-2015, 07:31 AM

We could never hear the pump anyhow - we took fuel line loose from engine (two weeks ago) and gas was shooting out - but now that is not happening. Person working on the car is a mechanic, maybe not Chrysler mechanic, but a car/motorcycle mechanic is his trade and has been for over 30 years. It is not the person working on the car - it is the car that has issues. And the things we have replaced since the car started stalling (3 weeks ago) were meticulously thought out - plus we have the entire set of manuals for the engine, transmission, body etc. I just cannot believe that the fuel pump would have gone out at the same time as the distributor (?). The distributor was replaced last week and yes the air intake gasket was not so last week the car was idling too high but the fuel pump was obviously working - but now (after getting a new intake gasket and putting that in) we cannot crank the car to check the outcome of replacing the gasket because now no gas is getting to the engine. Nothing that was taken off to put the gasket (along with a cam shaft sensor) should have affected the fuel lines or pump so what the heck is up. I am convinced this car is demonic.

Old 05-14-2015, 03:57 PM
Super Moderator

the crank sensor u mean? the cam sensor is built into teh destruction assembly.
OK time for basic stuff then has your 30 year guy check for power and ground at teh fuel pump relay? has he jumped teh relay see if the pump comes on? fuses est. I highly doubt a pump just went out after the intake was removed for a second time.

Two basic rules of anything in life 1 the simplest of answers tends to be the right one.
2 if there was not an issue before some one did something then likely they caused it.