Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

Engine Oil Pressure Switch

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2018, 03:04 PM

Many thanks.

Old 02-05-2021, 03:20 PM
Default I have the same issue and i cannot solved.

Hi there, i’ve read your post “My oil light comes on a couple of seconds after the engine is started every time. I can turn it off and restart the engine and it goes away. Always comes on the first start no matter if engine is cold or just driven a 100 miles. Shut down and restart and no light issues. Anyone run across this problem before? Any help and info would be greatly appreciated as i am stumped on this one.“. I have the same problem and i cannot fix it. I have changed the sensor and the light comes again. Can you tell me how you fix it?
thank you

Old 02-05-2021, 07:44 PM
Super Moderator

its not an issue think about it. when you have not started the car say 8 hours over night. most of the oil is in the oil pan so starting up the engine it has to be picked up from the pick up screen through the oil pump through the filter passing the pressure switch up to the top of the engine and so on.

When you shut it off and restart it what has already happened?

Old 02-06-2021, 01:27 AM
Default P0522

Originally Posted by CHRYSLER TECH
its not an issue think about it. when you have not started the car say 8 hours over night. most of the oil is in the oil pan so starting up the engine it has to be picked up from the pick up screen through the oil pump through the filter passing the pressure switch up to the top of the engine and so on.

When you shut it off and restart it what has already happened?
When i shut it off and restart it the lamp goes away, but the code P0522 stays. The car run just fine. I have replaced the sensor, i have sprayed with contact spray, but nothing helped..

Old 02-06-2021, 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by luborachev3
Hi there, i’ve read your post “My oil light comes on a couple of seconds after the engine is started every time. I can turn it off and restart the engine and it goes away. Always comes on the first start no matter if engine is cold or just driven a 100 miles. Shut down and restart and no light issues. Anyone run across this problem before? Any help and info would be greatly appreciated as i am stumped on this one.“. I have the same problem and i cannot fix it. I have changed the sensor and the light comes again. Can you tell me how you fix it?
thank you
It's a pain in the butt, take it to a repair shop and have them do it. I was charged 70 dollars many years ago to replace it and I asked for a ride home and he said it will only take 15 minutes, 8 hours later it was done. I always say if you hear a rattle you don't have oil pressure and stop the engine if you hear nothing replace the sensor. I had a dodge colt 1600 cc and I had to replace the sensor every year

Old 02-07-2021, 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by luborachev3
When i shut it off and restart it the lamp goes away, but the code P0522 stays. The car run just fine. I have replaced the sensor, i have sprayed with contact spray, but nothing helped..
Check oil pressure using a gauge at oil pressure switch (Fig. 125) location.
1) Remove the oil pressure switch.
2) Install oil pressure test gauge, Special Tool C-3292 with Adapter 8406.
CAUTION: If oil pressure is 0 at idle, Do Not Run engine at 3000 RPM.

3) Warm engine to normal operating temperature.
4) Monitor gauge readings at idle and 3000 rpm .
OIL PRESSURE

NOTE: At Normal Operating Temperatures

Pressure @ Curb Idle Speed 34.47 kPa Min. (5 PSI MIN.)
Pressure @ 3000 RPM 300 - 724 kPa (45 - 105 PSI.)
CAUTION: If pressure is zero at curb idle, DO NOT run engine at 3000 RPM
There might be something in the wiring if the sensor was already replaced. Both of mine show no signs of low pressure I have only used synthetic oil and filters. from new and it gets changed very often. I have no sludge, the engines run like new. Check the pressures if low it could be the oil pump or bearings

Old 02-07-2021, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by chargerhp
Check oil pressure using a gauge at oil pressure switch (Fig. 125) location.
1) Remove the oil pressure switch.
2) Install oil pressure test gauge, Special Tool C-3292 with Adapter 8406.
CAUTION: If oil pressure is 0 at idle, Do Not Run engine at 3000 RPM.

3) Warm engine to normal operating temperature.
4) Monitor gauge readings at idle and 3000 rpm .
OIL PRESSURE

NOTE: At Normal Operating Temperatures

Pressure @ Curb Idle Speed 34.47 kPa Min. (5 PSI MIN.)
Pressure @ 3000 RPM 300 - 724 kPa (45 - 105 PSI.)
CAUTION: If pressure is zero at curb idle, DO NOT run engine at 3000 RPM
There might be something in the wiring if the sensor was already replaced. Both of mine show no signs of low pressure I have only used synthetic oil and filters. from new and it gets changed very often. I have no sludge, the engines run like new. Check the pressures if low it could be the oil pump or bearings
I fix it guys, i have changed the A/C connector with the oil pressure connector. Thats why the oil lamp always comes on. Now i have exchange them and everything is fine no oil lamp.

Old 06-02-2023, 10:12 PM

Have a 2007 Limited w same problem. Used to only happen when temp was below 50-6- degrees , and only on initial startup. Now, every time even though it's summer. What do u mean changed AC connector w oil pressure connector?

Old 06-03-2023, 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by Larry Nash
Have a 2007 Limited w same problem. Used to only happen when temp was below 50-6- degrees , and only on initial startup. Now, every time even though it's summer. What do u mean changed AC connector w oil pressure connector?
I think it means he accidentally cross-plugged them.

Regarding basically all the failure modes listed in this thread... yep, that's what this switch does. The exact same switch is used across many Chrysler engines.
Eventually it'll fail internally and go from weeping to leaking to puking oil out. that's when I finally changed it in my Stratus. Pulling the passenger axle made that job easier.