Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

2005 Climate not blowing hot

Old 07-28-2018, 03:58 PM
Default 2005 Climate not blowing hot

Hi all,

Currently have an issue with my 2005 3.3 Chrysler Grand Voyager (Town and Country) not blowing hot air and only blowing cold A/C, this is from both the front and rear and both passenger and driver side.

I have so far checked the following

Car heating up - Needle is just below the midpoint so is reaching the right temperature
Pipe Check -Both pipes heading into the firewall from the engine bay to the heater core are both getting hot
Listening to Actuators - Can hear the actuator changing between face vent and windscreen vent, can't hear one changing between hot and cold though

Given the above I am leading it to be a faulty actuator, I have a spare 2003 diesel voyager so will remove the 3 actuators from that and fit them into my 3.3, is there anything else I should check?

Thank-you

Old 07-29-2018, 03:57 PM

The Blower Module (resister to sum) seems to have alott to do with organising the system. I take it you have Dual Automatic air con with it in rear as well. Modules front and rear.

Old 07-29-2018, 04:10 PM

Yes I do.

I run the calibration/reset today and it is blowing warmer now, although it would appear that the coolant is mostly water now and very deteriated. I have only just brought this car, so will do a coolant flush and replace the radiator cap at the same time and see if that makes a difference.

When I run the calibration no errors came up so I know that the actuators are ok.

I think I will replace the thermostat at the same time, it appears to have been replaced at some point as the pipe clamp has been changed to a screw type one instead of the standard.

I will look into the resistor as well, thank you.

Old 07-29-2018, 04:17 PM

Sorry yes it is a dual zone with rear

Old 08-14-2018, 05:19 AM

So I ended up replacing the thermostat housing and the thermostat, I was running slightly low on coolant (well it was leaking from the thermostat housing). I now got hot air in the car, although there appears to be a slight difference between the rear heat and the front heat, I assume this is a blockage somewhere, so will run a couple of coolant flushes through at some point and get this sorted.

Thank-you for helping.

Old 03-21-2019, 05:43 PM
Default Heater solenoid

This vehicle is not heated via the coolant. This has a resistor heater element. .if you look where the hoses would normally go through the firewall, you will see a 1 X 2 resistor This most likely needs changed.

Old 03-22-2019, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by David Hershman View Post
This vehicle is not heated via the coolant. This has a resistor heater element. .if you look where the hoses would normally go through the firewall, you will see a 1 X 2 resistor This most likely needs changed.
What vehicle are you talking about?

The 2005 3.3 Chrysler Grand Voyager (Town and Country) most certainly does use the coolant for heat.