Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Automatick transmition limb mode

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2014, 01:22 AM

That's great news.

Old 06-05-2014, 06:42 AM

Well done Sqlee, well done. Feels good, doesn't it, when you've positively bottomed a fault...
Now a few pictures if possible on here to alert others to the possibilities. One picture tells a thousand words.
Ther are probably hundreds of pro. mechanics read the Chrysler Enthusiast Forum for just this kind of information.

Leedsman.

Old 06-05-2014, 04:01 PM
tfb

Good to hear you fixed it

Regards
Richard

Old 06-06-2014, 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by sqlee
I ( think ) finally fixed that m*****f***** gearbox fault
Has passed two weeks since I figure it out what is actually wrong with it.
despite the very warm days and test runs in some heavy traffic (that used to be a perfect condition for fault to appear ) and successful family trip to country side.
I can finally clam a victory
After 2 years annoying failures unnecessary expenses and parts exchanging flowing dodgy and lazy mechanics (nr 7) hints it was down to me computer nerd to find out that it was only a broken wire.
After driving (only short distances) since past summer with all access to wiring open,
from the wheel arch to the engine bay and all possible wire exposed and this nuisance LIMB mode striking unexpectable frequently enough to render unpleasant any kind of trip including shopping in local supermarket.
But 2 weeks ago i get lucky on the way home from work LIMBMODE strike
us strong us ever, apart of normal symptoms when i push the brakes engine
start revs up and pushing car pulsed forward.
When I get home i when straight under the car and with running motor I start investigate (following weary useful advice) speed sensors wires with LIMBo going crazy on and off while moving various wires i pickup a wired short circuit kind of noise.
I stopped engine and fallowing verbal instruction from my missus (LIMB ON/OFF!!!!) I carry on digging under the car and then i release that the noise is coming from above me and it is clicking relay kind of noise .
And I FIND IT !!!!!!!!!!!
there is a wire coming from Front Control Module as a single wire and then is split one is going down to the engine bay and second is connected to relay which was freaking out with any slightly movement any part of wiring system.
This split wire on my case was tide up with isolation tape in U shape and instantly after i rip of this tape LIMB MODE dispirited but to make sure that is newer come back Im planing for the weekend operation "back on truck"
I want to cut off and replaced a broken wires and just in case investigate broken connection.
After that i add some pictures and colors of the faulty wire in case someone can benefit from my traumatic "do it yourself " experience

Good job for you!

I have a problem with my car like your transmission. I have got P0740 TCC error but I checked all wirings and drawings my car has no TCC (torque converter clutch) solenoid! so I will check transmission connector, input & output speed sensor connectors, transaxial range sensor connector and transmission control module connectors. My van is not in limp mode and without any shifting problem just engine diag. lamp is on and I am checking the code its P0740 after reseting the DTC P0740 it comes again one - two days later or 25-30kilometers later..

So I will check the connectors in this week.

Old 02-26-2017, 09:06 AM

I have a similar problem on my 300M, year 2004. Every so often, the gear box defaults into limp home 2nd gear only, with all the gears lit up on the display. If I stop the car, and restart after a while, all reverts to normal...but this is very annoying, as it happens all the time, without warning.

The link posted by tfb seems to not be there now...do you think the problem with mine is the same?

Also, sometimes my gearbox gets confused in traffic, and does not select any gear - it just revs high before eventually selecting a gear; and also, when in manual mode, sometimes only gears 2 and 3 are selectable, though it always comes around eventually. Any comments?

Old 02-26-2017, 09:32 AM

Reading as widely as possible on this problem, could it simply be that I need a new battery or battery connections?