Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

Aux Heater Grand Voyager 2004

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2019, 10:50 AM
Default Aux Heater Grand Voyager 2004

Hi Guys
need a little help here, I have a 2004 UK Grand Voyager and the Aux heater is permanently on. it does not go off even if I reduce the temp to LO and it is filling the car with diesel fumes constantly to the point that it is nauseating. Seriously need to stop it, will disconnecting the power supply to the heater stop this from continuing and cut off the fuel supply?????.

Not sure if this is a fault with the heater or the Heater control unit on the dash

Old 04-15-2019, 09:01 AM

- if you have 1/4+ fuel in your tank,and...
- if your settings are auto/digital control it should do everything for you, but ...
- if you have set it to manual control pull the plug underneath, see
- that will deprive it of all life, zero logic/power/etc

Old 04-15-2019, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by QinteQ
- if you have 1/4+ fuel in your tank,and...
- if your settings are auto/digital control it should do everything for you, but ...
- if you have set it to manual control pull the plug underneath, see
- that will deprive it of all life, zero logic/power/etc
Mine is the digital auto type but I’m not sure why its not sorting it out I will look at playing with the setting and if all else fails I will pull the plug underneath, As living in the North of England I still need to use the heater in the car

Cheers QinteQ

Old 04-15-2019, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by TomC
Mine is the digital auto type but I’m not sure why its not sorting it out I will look at playing with the setting and if all else fails I will pull the plug underneath, As living in the North of England I still need to use the heater in the car

Cheers QinteQ
All the logic is on-unit, the GV controls almost nothing the Webasto is autonomous as far as I'm aware.

Unplugging, running the cold engine, then plugging it in again should re-boot/ refresh the on-board logic. In addition pulling the plug a couple of times will clean the pins on the plug.