Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

central locking

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2012, 05:42 AM

I'm glad it worked. Did you ever open tailgate phisically with the key instead of using the switch? I'm asking becouse my electronic switch on the tailgate doesn't work so I have to open the tailgate with the key inserting it into keylock and turn it clockwise to open them. And as I was backtracking what happend on the day my electronic locks stopped working I realised taht I unlocked only the driver's side door with the remote and afterwards I used keylock on the tailgate to open the tailgate. And at that percise moment BCM produced an error code and the locks stopped working. So I was thinking what if you have to use the remote to unlock all the doors before using the key on the tailgate keylock to open them? And what if that's the so called BCM's software bug? If that's so then I'll just keep in mind to use the remote to electronically unlock them first and then the key to actually open them.

About AC, having a spare relay is always a good idea.

Last edited by Up4Si; 08-16-2012 at 05:48 AM.
Old 08-16-2012, 10:43 AM

No, I don't think I have opened the tailgate with the key. When it was already unlocked I have opened it manually many times by pressing the pressure switch under the handle. In our recent electronic lock failure, the tailgate button on the key fob was the only thing that still worked. Sorry! But who knows, computers can be tempermental and if my BCM hasn't had an upgrade since it was put in my car in 2004 that's doing pretty good. I just heard that NASA had already sent an upgrade to the computers aboard Curiousity up on Mars and its only been there a few weeks!

Old 08-21-2012, 07:51 PM

I replaced the front blower motor relay and I do think that the AC is blowing stronger and colder. For example, while I was out driving around yesterday I actually had to turn down the fan speed and slightly increase the temperature (on a FL summer afternoon) because it was getting "too cold". This hasn't happened in a long time.

I also found a web site that explained the theory behind relays and how to test a relay. Well someday if I have nothing to do I'll pull out my ammeter and try and test the old relay, but for now, the AC is cold and I'M HAPPY!

Old 08-22-2012, 08:13 AM

I'm glad to here that - sounds like your AC is finally working as it should. If you are ever going to test your old relay please post it here how did you do it and what was the results. It might come in handy someday...

Old 08-23-2012, 08:45 PM

Here, I can do better than that. Here's a link for a 20 page course on "Understanding Relays", by Kevin Sullivan a Professor of Automotive Technology at Skyline College, that I found on the internet. It tells you all you want to know about relays, like how they work, what types there are and how to test whether or not they're working. I found it to be really helpful. Hope it helps you too.

http://www.autoshop101.com/forms/hweb2.pdf

Old 09-23-2012, 11:25 AM
Default side door

side door only opens part way when the switch is used. the rear part of the door pushs out ,but doesnt complete the open prosess.then you have to open manualy. it closes ok no problem. may be a switch adjustment but i need instructions.

Old 09-23-2012, 11:29 AM
Default side door

i need to add the town and country is a 2003 with the side door problem

Old 09-24-2012, 04:54 AM
Default cp35

gavie it to the dealer who reflashed the BCM module with an update, no problems since.