New Member Area New to CF? Stop in tell us about you.

new member, MOPAR or no car.

Old 01-18-2017, 04:40 PM
Default new member, MOPAR or no car.

Hi all,
New member. I have registered with many forums and yet never know what to say. Hard to write about myself and have it sound like anything. Here goes....

I have been working on MOPARs since 1966. It was a 66 Dodge Coronet, 3 on the tree with a leaning tower of power (225 ci slant 6). I loved that car, and since have had many. My most favorite is the 66-67 Charger, 383, 440, or 426 Hemi. Have had 5 Chargers at one time, one being the Hemi. I love them and always loved working on them. Unfortunately I don't have any right now although I have a brand new OEM tail light lens, both left and right, still in the OEM box with the center "r" and gasket. I could be enticed to sale them.

I have worked on or owned everything from Austin Healey 3000s (owned 7) to a 1970 Plymouth Superbird, blue with black top. I like and use a pickup so I have had many, a Lil' Red Express, 72 Dodge SE LWB, 440 ci out of a 67 300, 74 Dodge, 360 ci. The list goes on. Can't seem to leave the things alone. I have changed transmissions, cabs, bed, rear ends, and on and on. I love the 440 ci because of the power and torque it produces, but it is a BIG motor and won't always fit in what I am building.

I love station wagons thus I have owned the big 1972 Chrysler New Yorker wagon, 1967 Chrysler Newport Wagon, 1980 Chrysler Town and Country, and several more. And Yes, they were all personalized with wheels, lights, exhausts, and motors. Tight fit but I did get a 400ci in the Town and Country.

I am currently working on, or rebuilding a 1967 Plymouth Barracuda Convertible. I have 1999 318 Magnum with transmission I am going to put in. I am hoping I can find a stroker crank to put in it. Not sure on color yet, it was originally a silver car, but sometime it was changed to purple so I am not sure exactly what color I am going to paint it.

I am also working on my dad's 1999 LHS. 135,000 miles. it has a bunch of little things that my dad has let go. Right now the climate control is not working right. the fan will only blow on high and he has put a toggle switch with the ground wire to it so it will work. I have the dash apart now and troubleshooting the thing for what is going on. The gear selector shows all gears selected at one time all the time so I am thinking I am chasing a ground issue, but that is only a guess.

I am a retired Military Police Major with 34 years. My first service was Vietnam in the Navy as an electrician and after my tours was over I got out in 1973. In 1979 I reentered and joined the Army as the MP. I received a direct commission in 1982 and went on to retire in 2007. In 2003 the Army diagnosed me with a blood clot, changed it to cancer and gave me 6 months. After going to MD Anderson as my second opinion they removed my entire right leg at the hip. In 2010 the cancer came back and I lost the right side of my pelvic bone. In 2013 I lost 6" of intestine. I am still alive and hopping, I swim in circles and ride my Harley with a sidecar. I am NOT ready to quit.

My College degree is Industrial Education, Automotive. I am 9 hours from being able to teach Automotive classes in school I will never do it now and I know they can't take about the knowledge I have or share.

Looking forward to enjoying this forum.

Later
Larry

Old 01-18-2017, 06:34 PM

Welcome to the forum. Your blower problem with the LHS sounds exactly like a problem I had about 20 years ago with my '93 Concorde. There's a "fan speed module" that makes the blower motor turn at whatever the automatic temperature control wants. Good luck finding a replacement.

Old 01-18-2017, 06:45 PM

For what it is worth I have found a new one at O'Reilly"s for about $40 Just didn't know if that was what it was. Thank you for the experience share.

that is why I am here.