Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

Faulty speedo in 02 Grand Voyager.

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2014, 01:50 AM
Default My instruments are doing self-test every day

Hello
When I after running and turn off the engine of my Chrysler Voyager crd / se. 2005, and after a while it will run again so as soon as I put the key in the ignition lock so do the instruments self-test every time and it is only now here where it's cold. It's annoying because you can not see some lights (preheater, etc.) before they made the test 2 times and then all the lights in the instrument works.
Is there anyone who can help it would be great.
Thanks in advance
Kai

Old 09-30-2014, 12:44 PM

seized caliper after replacing rear pads now have error codes of 100.1 100.4 100.5 100.6 and 400.1 can someone point me the right direction

Old 09-30-2014, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by marcnbex
seized caliper after replacing rear pads now have error codes of 100.1 100.4 100.5 100.6 and 400.1 can someone point me the right direction
You would stand a better chance of getting an answer to your question if you start a new thread.

Old 09-30-2014, 01:34 PM

Yes seized Caliper known fault...New Thread !

Old 09-30-2014, 01:38 PM

Reply to -- My instruments are doing self-test every day.

Curiously, this happened after my IOD fuse mod., except it only does it after I've switched it back on from the IOD "off" position.

It could be you only need to perform a full micro-reset by disconnecting the battery -ve. for a few minutes. Give it a few different trips to stabilize.

Leedsman.

Old 09-30-2014, 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by Leedsman
Reply to -- My instruments are doing self-test every day.

Curiously, this happened after my IOD fuse mod., except it only does it after I've switched it back on from the IOD "off" position.

It could be you only need to perform a full micro-reset by disconnecting the battery -ve. for a few minutes. Give it a few different trips to stabilize.

Leedsman.
It will do just that my friend. At the point you pull the IOD the functions below are detached from the BUS and no longer exist. The 'self-test' you describe is the BCM working out if all or some or all are capable of being reattached to the BUS, and doing so.

Remote key fob
Radio
Heater blower
Folding mirrors
Central locks
Interior lights when the key is in the ignition
Power seat

Old 05-09-2021, 11:50 PM
Default Problem with ETAX (200.7)

Originally Posted by Raptor 07
If you also have shifting problems consider changing the output speed sensor. Try an instrument cluster self test to determine if the speedo itself is good. Here's how:

DIAGNOSIS AND TESTING - SELF-DIAGNOSTICS
The instrument clusters are equipped with a self diagnostic test feature to help identify electronic problems. Prior to any test, perform the Self-Diagnostic Test. The self diagnostic system displays instrument cluster stored fault codes in the odometer display, sweeps the gauges to the calibration points, and bulb checks the warning indicators. When the key is in the ON position with the engine not running, the MIL will remain illuminated for regulatory purposes.

To activate the Self-Diagnostic program:
With the ignition switch in the OFF position, depress the TRIP ODOMETER RESET button.
Continue to hold the TRIP ODOMETER RESET button until Sof and a number (software version number (i.e. Sof 3.2) appears in the odometer window then release the button. If a fault code is present, the cluster will display it in the odometer display. When all fault codes have been displayed, the cluster will display “end” in the odometer display. Refer to the INSTRUMENT CLUSTER DTC'S table to determine what each trouble code means. INSTRUMENT CLUSTER DTC'S DTC DESCRIPTION
100.0 LOOP-BACK FAILURE
100.1 ABS COMMUNICATION FAULT
100.2 BCM COMMUNICATION FAULT
100.3 EATX COMMUNICATION FAULT
100.4 FCM COMMUNICATION FAULT
100.5 ORC COMMUNICATION FAULT
100.6 SBEC/DEC/MCM COMMUNICATION FAULT
200.0 AIRBAG LED SHORT
200.1 AIRBAG LED OPEN
200.2 ABS LED SHORT
200.3 ABS LED OPEN
200.6 EL INVERTER TIME-OUT
200.7 EATX MISMATCH
400.0 EEPROM READ/WRITE FAILURE
400.1 IMPROPER POWER DOWN DETECTED

CALIBRATION TEST
The CLUSTER CALIBRATION table contains the proper calibration points for each gauge. If the gauge pointers are not calibrated, a problem exists in the cluster. If any gauge is out of calibration, replace the cluster.

CLUSTER CALIBRATION SPEEDOMETER CALIBRATION POINT
1 0 MPH (0 KM/H)
2 20 MPH (40 KM/H)
3 60 MPH (100 KM/H)
4 100 MPH (160 KM/H)

TACHOMETER
1 0 RPM
2 1000 RPM
3 3000 RPM
4 6000 RPM
FUEL GAUGE
1 EMPTY
2 1/4 FILLED
3 1/2 FILLED
4 FULL
TEMPERATURE GAUGE
1 COLD
2 1/4
3 3/4
4 HOT

ODOMETER SEGMENT TEST
If a segment in the odometer does not illuminate normally, a problem exists in the display.

ELECTRONIC TRANSMISSION RANGE INDICATOR SEGMENT TEST
If a segment in the transmission range indicator does not illuminate normally, a problem exists in the display. __________________

Thanks to Master Tech at www.dodgeforum.com for posting
Hey, i did self-diagnostic, my chrysler showed soft-> e code-> 200.7 ->end .
it seem 200.7 - ETAX problem, how i can found why is there any problem and how i can try to slove it?
Thanks for information before.

Old 04-21-2022, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by Kai Martinsen
Hello
When I after running and turn off the engine of my Chrysler Voyager crd / se. 2005, and after a while it will run again so as soon as I put the key in the ignition lock so do the instruments self-test every time and it is only now here where it's cold. It's annoying because you can not see some lights (preheater, etc.) before they made the test 2 times and then all the lights in the instrument works.
Is there anyone who can help it would be great.
Thanks in advance
Kai
Hi
did you found solution for that? mine is doing also when its cold. have new battery and cables are good etc.
Where to go next?
Everything is working fine also, does it once occasionally when cold and put ignition on..